“I’ve just discovered my building is covered in flammable cladding”

This article was originally published in The Age on 25 March 2019. Read the original article. Last week I found out that I am one of potentially hundreds of thousands of Australians who live in a fire-prone and unsafe apartment. My five-year-old building has combustible cladding on it. If a faulty combustible panel is ignited, the building could become engulfed in flames in minutes. By not immediately resolving the combustible cladding crisis, government and industry are shirking their responsibility to make our cities and homes safe and habitable. Since the 2014 Lacrosse Tower fire in Melbourne, we have known that flammable cladding is

Read more